Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream cheese Frosting - My 100th post!!!!

>> Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here comes a yummy, delicious, moist and cute looking red velvet cake recipe.. This is my hubby's favorite cake which I having been trying to make it right and please him. :) I at last got this wonderful recipe and my hubby really loved this cake.. To mention he almost ate 3 cupcakes out of 6 that were made.. :) I happened to make this cake for valentine's day. But sorry for the delayed posting.. Now a days I my kid is keeping me really busy and I feel that I couldn't make much about my blog. I have been missing many events recently  and today's post also happens to be my 100th post and very happy to share this happy moment with you all.. From now on I would like to keep posting regularly and also stay connected with all my blogger friends by visiting their blogs..

I got this recipe for red velvet cake from Joy of Baking. This is one my favorite and best website where I find lots of recipes and in fact after finding this website only I have got lot more interest in baking. As a result now a days I keep baking something or the other everyday.. :)

Things needed for cake
Cake flour - 1 + 1/4 Cups
Baking soda - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - 1/4 Tsp
Sugar -3/4 Cup
Cocoa powder - 1 Tbsp
Butter - 1/4 cup ( At room temperature)
Egg - 1 large ( At room temperature)
Vanilla extract - 1/2 Tsp
Buttermilk - 1/2 Cup 
Distilled Vinegar - 1/2 Tsp
Red food color - 1 Tbsp

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place the cupcake liners in the muffin tray and set aside.

Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and set aside. With a hand mixer, beat the butter until soft for about 1-2 minutes. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy for about 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs, vanilla and beat well.

In a measuring cup mix buttermilk with the red food coloring. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour.
In a small cup combine the vinegar and baking soda. Allow the mixture to fizz and then quickly fold into the cake batter. Divide the batter equally among 12 cupcake moldsBake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean. Let the cakes cool on wire rack for about 30 minutes before frosting.
Things needed for Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream cheese - 4 oz ( At room temperature)
Powdered/ Confectioner's sugar - 1/2 Cup
Butter - 1/8 Cup ( At room temperature)
Vanilla extract - 1/2 Tsp


Beat cream cheese, butter with vanilla using a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Then add in powered sugar and beat the mixture until smooth and fluffy for about 3-5 minutes on medium speed. Frost the cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles or the cake crumbles if desired.
Yummy, moist red velvet cake is ready to be enjoyed. This recipe yields 12 cupcakes and they stay good upto 3 days when refrigerated.
This goes to Champa's Bake off event

8 comments:

Unknown February 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

Beautifully done dear.

Priya Suresh February 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM  

Congrats Sangi, those cupcakes with beautiful frosting looks cute and adorable..

Swathi February 20, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

Congrats on your 100th post, cup cake looks beautiful awesome frosting.

aipi February 20, 2011 at 3:15 PM  

Congrats dear..wish you many more such milestones to come..
Cupcakes look absolutely GORGEOUS!!


US Masala

Indian Khana February 20, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

Looks delicious ....Congrts on your milestone ...

Jayanthy Kumaran February 21, 2011 at 4:56 AM  

congrats dear..very tempting recipe..
Tasty appetite

Torviewtoronto February 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM  

congrats on the 100th post this looks delicious

Chocolate Balls Recipes May 19, 2023 at 8:10 PM  

Love tthis

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About me

Sangi
San diego, California, United States
View my complete profile

Back to TOP