Steamed Chocolate Cake

>> Wednesday, September 15, 2010


I have been thinking about making my own chocolate cake for a long time. When I was searching for a simple and decent chocolate cake recipe, I was attracted towards a pic of a chocolate cake slice, which looked really moist, soft and delicious. I immediately wanted to try it and to my surprise it was a steamed cake!! I got much more interested and made this cake. The cake was really moist, yummy and was too simple to make. I we just have a pressure cooker and want to make a rich yummy chocolate cake, then this recipe is sure to help. Its a dense rich chocolaty cake which was enjoyed by us with coffee.



The original recipe is from Sweets for my sweet tooth blog. I made few changes like, I increased the sugar by little bit and also replaced the condensed milk with evaporated milk.


Things needed
Wet ingredients
Evaporated milk - 3/4 Cup
Sugar - 3/4 Cup
Cocoa powder - 1/2 Cup
Butter - 1/2 Cup
Instant coffee powder - 1/4 Tsp
Vanilla extract - 1/2 Tsp
Egg - 2 nos. ( Slightly beaten)


Dry ingredients
All purpose flour - 1/2 Cup + 1/8 Cup
Baking soda - 1/2 Tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 Tsp


Mix all the ingredients listed under 'wet ingredients' except for eggs and cook over low flame until the sugar and butter get melted. When the cocoa mixture cools down, add the eggs and mix thoroughly. Sift the dry ingredients and add it to the wet mixture. Mix well until there is no lumps of flour


Grease a pan with little butter and pour the cake batter into it. Steam cook the cake in a pressure cooker for 25 minutes on a medium flame or until the cake is cooked. Check the doneness of cake by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake.
I made a small loaf cake and few mini cup cakes using the stainless steel cups that are safe for steaming in a cooker. The cake tasted great on it own or with Nutella as topping. It also tasted great with whipped cream and few cup cakes were soaked in chocolate syrup and they tasted really delicious and chocolaty.


This easy steamed cake goes to Apy's No bake cake event and Indrani's Spotlight-Baking without oven along with the Steamed eggless banana cake

4 comments:

Unknown September 15, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

wow, wow, wow, that looks mouth watering sooooooo soft :)

Priya Suresh September 16, 2010 at 2:06 AM  

Scrumptious cake, looks soo moist and spongy..

Sadhana Valentina September 17, 2010 at 11:47 AM  

Lovely cake!

Susan September 19, 2010 at 5:26 AM  

What a wonderful idea to steam a cake! Wish I'd known about this recipe earlier in summer, when I dared not light my oven. Looks dense and moist.

(BTW, I sent you an email re: your MLLA winnings. Please be in touch so that we can make arrangements for shipping. Congrats!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About me

Sangi
San diego, California, United States
View my complete profile

Back to TOP